Tashkent, Uzbekistan, April 30, 2023
On April 30, 2023, Aim Texas Consultants, acting as the “Sole Consultant,” participated in a consultancy tender for the “Development of a Detailed Design for Construction Works of Sewerage System” under the Bukhara Region Water Supply and Sewerage Project (Phase 2). The project is identified by Project ID -P000374-UZB and Package number BWSP2/QCBS-S/02. Aim Texas Trading, MMC (the Azerbaijan branch of Aim Texas Trading, LLC registered in Azerbaijan Republic), UT Consultants Co. Ltd. (a subsidiary Consultancy Company of Aim Texas Trading, LLC in Turkey), and Water Engineering-PRO Ltd. (Uzbekistan) are the appointed sub-consultants for this project. The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is providing the funding for this initiative.
Consulting services include the development of a detailed project for the rehabilitation and new construction of a sewerage system: house connections, sewer networks and pressure pipelines in the Gala-Osiyo district center of Bukhara district, Jondor, Shofirkon and Vobkent districts centers, the Yangibozor district center of Peshku district and Kogon city (with conveyance of waste water to Bukhara city sewage treatment plant) as well as the extension of the sewerage system of the city of Bukhara, including the sewerage network and pumping stations.
The Consultant will report to the Project Coordination Unit (PCU), assist in revising the technical approach at the detailed design stage, checking the quality of technical solutions (fit for purpose) and preparing the detailed design.
The purpose of the consulting services is:
- Critical evaluation of the results of the feasibility study, including an assessment of optionally tertiary treatment for water reuse purposes,
- Development of detailed design in terms of sewerage systems of the project (in accordance with FIDIC Red Book),
- Development of technical specifications and client’s requirements for the development of a detailed design and construction of sewage treatment plants (turnkey) (in accordance with FIDIC Yellow Book),
- Support the PCU to manage the project during the design phase,
- Assist and support PCU in confirming environmental screening of the subprojects carried out by PCU with the help of the criteria given in the project Environment and Social Management Planning Framework (ESMPF). Assist and support PCU in confirming social and resettlement subproject screening carried out by PCU with the help of the criteria given in the project ESMPF, to confirm whether physical and/or economic displacement impacts arising out of subproject land requirements that would trigger preparation of a Resettlement Plan,
- Preparation, disclosure and stakeholder engagement of subproject-specific E&S documents, including Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAs), Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMPs), Resettlement Plans (RPs), and Gender Action Plan in accordance with the criteria and procedures described in the project ESMPF that includes a Resettlement Planning Framework (RPF) and obtaining the Environmental Clearance from concerned authority in accordance with Uzbekistan regulations. ESIAs/ESMPs will include the consideration of hazardous liquid and solid waste of the subproject during the construction and operation stages,
- Conduct author’s supervision of the project according to Uzbek regulation.
- Coordinate activities with Consultant selected for Component 1: Water Supply, as needed.
The consulting company will be selected on the basis of Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS).