Tashkent, Uzbekistan, April 30, 2023
On April 30, 2023, Aim Texas Consultants, acting as the “Sole Consultant,” participated in a consultancy tender for the “Development of a detailed design for construction works of water supply system” under the Project of Bukhara Region Water Supply and Sewerage Project (Phase 2). The project is identified by Project ID -P000374-UZB and Package number BWSP2/QCBS-W/01. Aim Texas Trading, MMC (the Azerbaijan branch of Aim Texas Trading, LLC registered in Azerbaijan Republic), UT Consultants Co. Ltd. (a subsidiary Consultancy Company of Aim Texas Trading, LLC in Turkey), and Water Engineering-PRO Ltd. (Uzbekistan) are the appointed sub-consultants for this project. The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is providing the funding for this initiative.
Consulting services include the development of a detailed project for the rehabilitation and new construction of a water pipeline: water distribution centers (WDC), main and distribution networks in Gijduvan district, Shafirkan district, Vabkent district, of Bukhara region.
The purpose of the consulting services is:
- Critical evaluation of the results of the feasibility study,
- Development of detailed design in terms of water supply systems of the project (according to the FIDIC Red Book),
- Support the PCU to manage the project during the design phase,
- Assist and support PCU in confirming the environmental screening of the subprojects carried out by PCU with the help of the criteria given in the project Environment and Social Management Planning Framework (ESMPF). Assist and support PCU in confirming the social and resettlement subproject screening carried out by PCU with the help of the criteria given in the project ESMPF, to confirm whether physical and/or economic displacement impacts arising out of subproject land requirements that would trigger preparation of a Resettlement Plan,
- Preparation, disclosure and stakeholder engagement of subproject-specific E&S documents, including Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAs), Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMPs), Resettlement Plans (RPs), and Gender Action Plan in accordance with the criteria and procedures described in the project Environment and Social Management Planning Framework (ESMPF) that includes a Resettlement Planning Framework (RPF) and obtaining the Environmental Clearance from concerned authority in accordance with Uzbekistan regulations. ESIAs/ESMPs will include the consideration of hazardous liquid and solid waste of the subproject during the construction and operation stages,
- Conduct author’s supervision of the project according to Uzbek regulation.
The consulting company will be selected on the basis of Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS).