Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic, June 28, 2023
Aim Texas Consultants has entered into a consultancy tender as Sole Consultant on June 28, 2023, for Modernization of Chakan HPP (Kyrgyz Republic). The project is funded by EBRD.
The overall objective of the Assignment is to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the Project by providing assistance to the Client. The consultant appointed to support the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) with this function (the “Consultant”) will be required to familiarize themselves the Financing Documents related to the Project and other EBRD key documents including those which govern lending policies and practices.
The Consultant shall perform the following main tasks:
- Assistance with the Establishment of the PIU.
- Assistance with Design Review, Procurement, Tendering and Contract implementation.
- Assistance with Compliance & Reporting Obligations under the Financing Documents.
- Environmental and Social Implementation Support.
- Supervision of Construction Works (as indicated in Annex 1 of TOR).
The Consultant’s support to the Project is expected in respect of the following capital investment component:
- Reconstruction & Modernization of Lebedinovskaya HPP (through an open, two-stage tender for works, FIDIC Yellow Book).
Chakan GES (the “Client”) is a local power plant operator with 9 small HPPs in its portfolio with a total installed capacity of 38.5 MW, one of which is the Lebedinovskaya with 7.6 MW installed capacity. The Company is a fully owned subsidiary of OJSC National Energy Holding Company (the “NEHC”) of Kyrgyz Republic, which was established in 2016 and controls the state-owned energy companies in the country, and whose shares are 100% owned by the Ministry of Energy.